Palm Springs Information
NAAA Ag Aviation Expo
December 4–7, 2023 ♦ Palm Springs, CA
In addition to attending the NAAA Ag Aviation Expo, Palm Springs is full of great restaurants, bars and fun activities! You can visit the Palm Springs Air Museum, enjoy an off road or BMW driving experience, play golf, visit museums and even gamble at a casino close to the convention center. The area offers many hiking trails and top notch spas.
Check out the Visit Palm Springs website for everything there is to do in the area; below are several ideas.
- Golf - The Palm Springs/Palm Desert area is home to more than 100 golf courses!
- Palm Springs Air Museum - Home to one of the world’s largest collections of static and flyable aircraft from WWII through the War on Terror. Unlike many other museums, air-conditioned hangars have no ropes to keep you from interacting with the exhibits. In addition to the aircraft, exhibits and activities allow visitors of all ages to gain a fresh perspective of the history of U.S. Military operations from the last 100 years.
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway - The world’s largest rotating tram car travels over two-and-one-half miles along the breathtaking cliffs of Chino Canyon, transporting riders to the pristine wilderness of the Mt. San Jacinto State Park. During your approximately ten-minute journey, tram cars rotate slowly, offering picturesque and spectacular vistas of the valley floor below. Once you reach the Mountain Station—elevation 8,516 feet—enjoy two restaurants, observation decks, natural history museum, two documentary theaters, gift shop and over 50 miles of hiking trails.
- Off Road Adventures - There are a few companies that offer off road adventures (on the Activity Type box, select Off Road Adventures)
- BMW Performance Driving School - Enjoy a sampling of the many vehicles at the Performance Center. Take the wheel of a BMW X vehicle as you follow an instructor through a challenging off-road course. Then, head to the track and rotate between various BMW vehicles, driving each through tight corners and fast straightaways. It’s a ride you won’t soon forget.
Weather in DecemberAverage temperatures: 40-75*F / 4.5-24*C
Greater Palm Springs is warm and mild during the day with pleasingly cool evenings. What you can count on is plenty of sun and blue skies, giving the oasis one of the most beautiful winter climates you will find anywhere, but be prepared to pack layers in case of an evening chill.
We know you like to eat well! You can search for restaurants here; below are several recommendations.
- Mr. Lyons Steakhouse
- LG's Prime Steakhouse
- Zin American Bistro
- Johannes Restaurant
- Bar Cecil
- Sandfish Sushi & Whiskey
- Sherman's Deli
- Rooster and the Pig